Monday, October 7, 2013

My Yellow Pad


I still, even in the computer age, love to write in long-hand.  When my son was deployed, I sat for hours on the front porch in the early hours drinking coffee and writing on my yellow pad.  Part of me did so in fear that if an "official" car pulled up, I didn't want one of my younger two children answering the door.  Part of it was because my son whispered to me to get back into writing the morning he left for the Middle East.  I had put it aside for years until he whispered that in my ear.

So that's what I do...I write.  Then when I put it on the computer, I edit it.  I love and write all genres: poetry, fiction (mystery, romantic, paranormal, humor), children's stories, songs.  I enjoy putting newsletters together and well, anything having to do with writing.  What's your creative passion?  Follow it and it will lead you to where you are meant to be. 

For those who can't read the words written on the pad, it's this:

My Yellow Pad
 
Outside it is raining
so I sit here with my pen;
Writing little notes to
all my cherished friends.
 
My many pans are "on the fire"
I have so much to do;
Edit this, finish that,
Write a poem or two.
 
But all is right within my world
as the rain comes pouring down;
I have my coffee, pen and paper--
so let's go another round.
 
For nothing is more pleasing to me
than to take a yellow pad;
And fill it with words from my soul
whether good or bad.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment